Monday, February 26, 2007

time to head home

My last day here in Dali. Tomorrow morning I'll take a bus to Kunming and hopefully buy a train ticket for the same night. You would think that you could buy train tickets easily, but no, you can only buy them from the train station you are departing, which is a real pain if you aren't in that city and don't want to spend an entire day or two there. Hopefully it works out - if not, I guess I'll hang out in Kunming for a day or two while I wait - it's a nice city, but admittedly I'd rather be here in the mountains than back in the city. It is going to be sad going back - I've enjoyed being outside, seeing new things and meeting new people. As such, I'm going to get out of this internet cafe now and head back out into the early afternoon sun, wearing sandals in February.

No comments: