Tuesday, June 12, 2007

still doing alright

School's moving along smoothly with about a month left to go in the semester. Last week I gave a lecture to the English department about what the school could do to create a better language learning environment here on campus, but since only about 4 teachers attended, I doubt much will change.

I'm working on finalizing my arrangements for next semester. At the moment I have a good offer from a school in Shaoxing, a small city about 2 hours outside of Shanghai, and I'm waiting to hear more details from a couple of schools in Chengdu and Kunming. By the end of the week I should have enough information to make up my mind. The school in Shaoxing would be nice, but the local language spoken there differs significantly from Mandarin so I would probably have to practice mostly with students who are used to speaking Mandarin instead of people outside the school. I don't think that will really be a big issue, but it's reason enough to wait to see what the other schools have to offer me. I'll keep you posted on my decision.



Congratulations to all of you who have recently graduated - I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you.

No comments: