Sunday, September 02, 2007

getting settled in

I've got my computer now, and everything is going quite well.  My apartment is nice, a bit smaller than last year but hey, I'm only one person, so I don't much mind.  The administration seems friendly enough, and my coworkers are quite nice as well.  I live next door to a couple from New Mexico about my age that also teach English here and, conveniently enough, can speak Spanish and are studying Chinese.  I have my schedule for the semester and I'm teaching all English majors, one class of seniors, one of juniors, and five of freshmen, each for an hour and a half per week.  The upper-classmen start this week, but the freshmen don't start until the second week of October, right after the week-long National Day holiday, so I might be able to travel a bit on my long weekends before then.

Everything is falling into place nicely, and it looks to be a great place to live and work.  Now I need to go buy some food.

No comments: